Legal Defense Fund for the Larimer County FOP
This program is designed specifically to cover the law enforcement exposures faced by members of the FOP Legal Defense Plan by paying legal defense costs on behalf of participating members for the following actions and proceedings:
- DEFENSE OF ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIONS
- 1. The LDF will cover Duty Related Incidents of administrative actions against the Member. Administrative actions arising from non-duty related occurrences are not covered by the LDF.
- 2. The LDF will provide the member up to ten (10) hours of Legal Services in a Duty Related termination case, upon approval, for representation in any hearing or matter relating to unemployment compensation.
- 3. The LDF will provide the Member with Legal Services and Reimbursable Costs for consultation with an LDF Attorney about any Duty Related administrative action. There must be a loss to the Member equal to two (2) days pay or more before any further LDF funds shall be expended other than the payment in lieu option set forth in Paragraph four(4) below.
- 4. For any Duty Related Incident resulting in loss to a member of up to three (3) days pay, the Coordinator may recommend reimbursement to the Member for the loss of pay in lieu of defending the administrative action. Both the Executive Committee and the Member must agree before this payment option is taken. If the payment option is accepted, the Member will waive all LDF benefits relating to the administrative action resulting in the loss of pay. This option is available for a Member only once each calendar year. In lieu of calculating the dollar amount of pay lost for each individual Member, the Board of Trustees shall determine a per diem rate of pay to be paid to Members who accept this payment option.
- Civil - The LDF will cover Duty Related Incidents in defense of civil lawsuits against the Member. However, in those Incidents where the employer of the Member is providing the defense of the Member, the LDF will only authorize Monitoring of the action by an LDF Attorney. Civil Monitor cases will be capped at $2000.00 per member, per incident
- Criminal - The LDF will cover Duty Related Incidents in defense of criminal charges against the Member
Legal defense protection is a necessity for law enforcement professionals. As the frequency and cost of allegations rise, the FOP Legal Defense Plan offers you and your lodge members a very affordable and comprehensive plan.
We work with the best of the best when it comes to legal counsel. Below you will find the top approved attorneys that are looking out for FOP members in Colorado.
**Please contact attorney of your choice directly for all claims (Criminal, Civil, and Administrative) and/or Critical Incidents. No need to contact Executive Board first.**
Bruno, Colin & Lowe P.C.
1999 Broadway Street #4300
Denver, CO 80246
Elkus & Sisson, P.C.
501 S Cherry St. #920
Denver, CO 80246
303-567-7981; Critical Incident: 855-879-7068
Foster Graham, Milstien & Calisher
360 S Garfield #6
Denver, CO 80209
303-333-9810; Critical Incident: Dan Foster 303-669-4762 or Marcy Ongert 303-596-2646
Law Office of Douglas Jewell
621 17th Street #1620
Denver, CO 80293
720-484-5760; Critical Incident: 303-482-7665
Jonathan P. Datz(Conflict only)
340 East 1st Ave #205
Broomfield, CO 80020
720-879-1114; Critical Incident: 720-883-7658
Hall & Evans-Keith Gorman
1001 17th St #300
Denver, CO 80202
303-628-3423; Critical Incident: 720-839-1159
Brian Reynolds Attorney at Law
955 Bannock St
Denver, CO 80204
The Olson Law Firm - Sean Olson
8354 Northfield Blvd #3700
Denver, CO 80238
Law Office of Peter Stumpf
10725 Clermont St
Thornton, CO 80233
Law Office of Walter Bradley (Wills and Estates)
12365 Huron St.
Westminister, CO 80234